The FMwand is a hemostatic dissection device that uses pure thermal energy to cut and coagulate tissue, without passing any electrical current through the patient.
Safe Dissection Near Delicate Structures
- FMwand precisely cuts and coagulates with pure thermal energy
- Safe for use around delicate tissues and structures such as nerves and blood vessels
- Easily dissects through scar tissue from previous surgeries
Cardiovascular surgeons describe the ability to uniformly dissect and cauterize tissue on or near the heart, which they cannot do with conventional electrosurgery without potentially causing dangerous heart rhythm disturbances.
Minimized Thermal Tissue Damage
- FMwand produces a surface-only tissue effect
- Minimal beyond-the-tip thermal damage
- As little as 1/10th the depth of thermal damage compared to monopolar coagulation in some tissue
Surgeons using the FMwand frequently describe shorter surgery times, less blood loss during surgery, reduced post-operative drainage, less pain medication required, earlier patient discharge, and evidence of faster healing.
Performance Without Electrical Interference
- Ferromagnetic technology creates pure thermal effect
- No electrical current passes through the patient
- No grounding pad is needed
Cardiac anesthesiologists consistently report no evidence of any interference with electrophysiological monitoring, including EKG and echocardiography, or hemodynamic monitoring.