Products & Technology
Domain Surgical's FMwand Ferromagnetic Surgical System puts precision control of thermal effects where it belongs... in the hands of the surgeon.
The FMwand Ferromagnetic Surgical System is a hemostatic dissection device that uses pure thermal energy to cut and coagulate tissue, without passing any electrical current through the patient. The FMwand offers many clinical advantages over existing modalities.
- Precisely cuts and coagulates with pure thermal energy
- Safe for use around delicate tissues and structures such as nerves and blood vessels
- Easily dissects through scar tissue from previous surgeries
- Surface-only tissue effect
- Minimal beyond-the-tip thermal damage
- As little as 1/10th the depth of thermal damage compared to monopolar coagulation in some tissue types
- Ferromagnetic technology creates pure thermal effect
- No electrical current passes through the patient
- No grounding pad is needed
- The instruments are self-cleaning