FMwand Ferromagnetic Surgical Handpiece
The FMwand Ferromagnetic Surgical Handpiece delivers pure thermal energy and a consistent hemostatic effect, while minimizing collateral tissue damage and without passing any electrical current through the patient.
The single-patient use FMwand Handpiece and Surgical Tips use ferromagnetic heating to precisely cut and coagulate soft tissue. This precise control of thermal energy make the FMwand safe for use around delicate tissues and structures such as nerves and blood vessels. The FMwand also easily dissects through scar tissue from previous surgeries.
The FMwand Handpiece passes no current through the patient, eliminating sparking and arcing while reducing risk of inadvertent damage to adjacent structures. Studies have demonstrated that the FMwand produces significantly less depth of tissue injury compared to other commonly-used energy modalities. Surgeons using the FMwand frequently describe shorter surgery times, less blood loss during surgery, reduced post-operative drainage, less pain medication required, earlier patient discharge, and faster healing.
The FMwand offers surgeons superior tactile control and flexibility. Each handpiece can be fitted with any of the available FMwand Surgical Tips. The handpiece can be activated by a tactile finger switch or foot pedal. The loop portion of the tip can be used as a spot-coagulator, or it can be used to incise in a scalpel orientation. Alternatively, the loop can be used as a loop resector for hemostatic debulking, providing uniform tissue effect along the entire circumference of the loop. All effects are achieved with minimal thermal spread.
- No return electrode required, reducing set-up complications and burn risk
- No nerve or muscle stimulation
- Consistent performance in a wide variety of tissue types
- Non-stick, self-cleaning tips require no scraping to remove eschar
- Integrated drape clamp keeps handpiece and integral cable secured to surgical field
- Operates in a saline or water environment
- Spark-less; reduces risk of ignition of anesthesia gas or alcohol prep solution
- Integral 10 ft. cable integrates electrical connections and air cooling in a single cable and connector, providing simple plug-in connection to the generator
- Tactile momentary push button provides intuitive finger switch activation